Thursday, February 24, 2005

People behind the scenes

So work this week has been anything but exciting. Monday started with a ton of clinic patients, only three cast rooms, and 8 cases on the OR schedule. By 3:30, 5 of those eight cases had been canceled and the week has gone similar since. Our ORs have been closed by 1-2 pm every day this week. So yesterday in an attempt to waste time I wandered out to the control desk to hand deliver the new chief resident's business cards. i talk to the women at the control desk every afternoon, multiple times a day. Anna, Julie, Judy, and Teresa...only one I have had a face for is teresa up until yesterday. I stood out at the desk and chatted with them for quite a while. So nice to put a face to the name. As I sauntered back to the cast room to find someone to see, they invited me back to chat again. Amazing how many people it takes to get my patients to and from me. What a fine group of ladies!

No comments: