Friday, March 18, 2005

March Madness


March 18th, 1:30 pm: Total Whiteout

I've been home from work since noon. Half our patients either no showed or rescheduled. They have closed the interstate, there are cars and buses in the ditch all over, and the above is the few from my front deck. Can't even see across the street. We have at least 10 inches and it is still coming down fast and hard. It took me 6 attempts to back out of my parking spot in the employee lot. I would pull forward, put it in reverse, hit the gas and got about a foot and then pull forward again, put it in reverse, slam on the gas. Eventually made it through the drift that was up over my rear license plate. Granted...everything is very very pretty outside in its wintery white covering but it sure makes getting things done difficult. We have planned for a PA social tonight and I'm not sure I want to even attempt to get there. Low car, high drifts, nothing but white. I should just stay home and watch girl movies :( Hopefully I can get out for my massage in the morning. I need it! For now, I'm going to nurse this stupid cold I can't shake, watch the snow fall and catch some Z's.

1 comment:

Osbasso said...

Stay home, watch "The Quiet Man" (very appropriate for this holiday season), take care of your cold, and fix your blog (picture doesn't show the "few from the front deck". ;)

I wonder what San Diego is like right now......?