Monday, March 21, 2005

Music Trivia

1. Total amount of music files on your computer
462 when I do a file search for .mp3 but it doesn't look like it picks up all the cds I have copied to my media libray in my Media Player so at least 462. All genres--classical, rock, jazz, country.

2. The last CD purchased
"You Do Your Thing" - Montgomery Gentry

3. The last song listened to before reading this post
Had the radio on in the car on the way home from the gym but don't remember what was playing...the last song I heard at the gym was "Another One Bites the Dust"

4. 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you

"I Will Survive": Just always seems to pull a girl through, no matter what the reason she feels like she needs pulled through

"The River" by Garth Brooks: It was a song that we sang at gifted camp when I was graduating, we all drifted our separate ways but had camp to hold us together, just like the song. A dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows...the dreamer, just a vessel, must follow where it goes

"Holes in the Floor of Heaven": Always reminds me that Grandpa is watching. When I got married it sprinkled just as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. I knew grandpa was there. The day Wes left, it poured...knew grandpa was there then too.

"Walkin on Sunshine": A leftover from the 7 Search soundtracks I haven't listened to in a while. Always brings back memories of Carroll and lots of laughs and smiles.

"Something to Believe In": Mom threw a fit when I bought this one as a single. The tatoo on the cover of it was "bad". I listened to that over and over and over again. I was in junior high. If you really listen to the words, it is a sad but very true song.


2 comments:

Osbasso said...

I'm just a little bummed that our song didn't make the list...... :-(

Julie said...

I love 'I will survive'! Even the cake version. Gloria's is the best though.
thanks for coming by the blog. I love Mary M! I'm so glad there is some interest in her now and she's not just labeled as some prostitute that jesus saved from sin. I don't think it really matters if jesus was married or not, or had a relationship w/ Mary that was intimate - I mean, his teachings are the same - why does everyone freak out about the thought of it?
Have a great week, Jules