Friday, May 13, 2005

Grumpiness Cured

IT'S FRIDAY! It is Friday evening and I'm totally excited for this weekend and much more mellow than I was three of the five days this week. The weather is still freezing, in fact I just turned the heat on and I'm making hot chocolate. I've snuggled in with a blanket and am set to watch all the shows I recorded this week with my digital recorder. Last night we went to dinner at Olive Garden and with the exception of the glass and a half or so the BF drank, I finished a bottle of wine. I was definitely feeling better by the time we left. I'm not advocating drowning one's grumpiness in alcohol but last night just hit the spot. It was great food, good company (and willing to drive) and a great wine. I had to sleep mostly upright to prevent the head from spinning once I crawled into bed and I had some seriously messed up dreams (lesson of the week: don't look at "exotic piercings" when drunk and right before bed) but today I woke up after a good night's sleep with a lot more energy and a lot less grump than the rest of the week.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. My friend R and I are going to breakfast, M and I are going to coffee sometime. I have three new movies to watch (Under the Tuscan Sun, Mona Lisa Smile, and the 40th Edition 2 DVD Edition of Mary Poppins). All of which i have seen but great girl movies. I'm going to sit with my DVR tonight and stitch on my quilt, make cards tomorrow, clean/organize. A total ME weekend! YIPPPEEEE!!

No comments: