Saturday, May 14, 2005

Reggie...


The jealous kitty!

As I sit typing this, the above mentioned kitty sits curled up right next to my thigh. Lately he seems to be going through a possessive streak. Between my two cats, Regg is defintely the one closest to a "lap cat" personality. He likes to be hugged, cuddled, scratched and talked too. Where ever I am, he is. On weekends like this where my sole goal is to vegg and relax, he is a great pal. However, this past Monday he grew an attitude. The BF came over for dinner, then we worked out and then we figured we would head to bed. Normally I sleep on the left side of the bed if you are looking at the bed from the headboard. I have a pillow I put down the middle to throw a knee over. Romeo curls up across my left foot and Regg takes the hump of the pillow next to my torso. So basically smack in the middle of the right side of the bed. We get settled into bed on monday and Regg stands at the foot of the bed on the floor whining. Not just wimpering but a full fledge continous whine. The BF is in HIS spot! How RUDE! I tell him to jump up and he does (he thinks he is a dog so he follows commands well) but he just stares at the right side of the bed, like "what the hell are you doing there". I roll over as he attempts to get comfortable out of his normal spot. I roll back over about 15 minutes later, the BF is sound asleep on his back and with him asleep Regg has curled up in his perfect little ball right on the BF's stomach. Once the BF was still, Regg was all about reclaiming his spot and if that meant laying on top of the tummy, so be it. At least he quit whining and slept. I just thought it was all pretty darn cute.

No comments: