Sunday, June 05, 2005

Ahhh, summer

So it isn't officially summer yet but today I had my first peach ice cream of the season and it's summer to me.

I have always loved peach ice cream but you can't get it year round. Growing up the only time we could get it was during the summer when the Schwann's man had it on his truck as a "seasonal" product. Then about the time school was to start up again, the peach ice cream was no longer available. It always tastes so sweet and the little frozen pieces of peach have that "icy slushly" consistency. Cool and sugary...the perfect summer treat.

Since moving out on my own I no longer have the Schwann man come. Everything comes in big boxes and I haven't lived in one place long enough until now to make purchasing and moving a deep freeze worth it. Anyway, I haven't had peach ice cream in a while. This week I caught the new
Cold Stone Creamery commercial on the radio. Cold Stone is THE ice cream store. All homemade thick creamy flavors with a gazillions "add-ons" to mix in. If you have never had it, you MUST find the one closet too you.
Over the last several months they have been having a "red pan" flavor. Usually the ice cream is in big silver pans. Now one of those pan's is red and is a new flavor which is not part of their regular line and only available for a month.

This month's treat is Peaches and Creamery. After surviving torrential downpours to get to the post office and Target today I figured I wanted a treat. i tried my little mini scoop full and it was pure bliss. That sweet, sugary peachness was just as I remembered. I had the gal whip me up the
'creation'. The peach ice cream with peaches, bananas and graham cracker crust mixed in. I'm getting ready for bed right now letting the last half of my serving melt in my mouth. I'm going to have to go back and have a gallon made up near the end of the month just so I can spread out the bliss of peach ice cream for longer than the promotions one month. So many memories of being a little girl to go with my sweet peach treat.

have a great week everyone! Take the time to find something from your childhood summers to bring a smile to your face.

No comments: