Saturday, August 13, 2005

I miss my kitties

My kitties are going to think i have permanently abandoned them. After today's little adventure, I definitely miss my kitties. I'm currently hanging out on the farm that I grew up on. As most of you know, my mom hasn't been doing the best and i had the trip planned anway, so I'm here. Got in on Thursday after driving 600 miles. There is a country song that talks about driving home, going 2000 miles with one left turn. i go 500 miles make a right turn and go another 100. Interstate 90 across SD is NOT exciting. not even with all the biker's headed to the final weekend of the world famous Sturgis Bike Rally. Anway...I'm digressing.

Wednesday night and thursday morning the kitties were hovering over the suitcase, understanding that mommy was leaving again. I had only been home for about a week since the little house sitting stent (which I finally got paid for!!). They followed me to the door with each load I took out. Sad. I gave them big hugs and kisses and left. Upon arrival at mom and dad's, I was greeted by the farm kitties. They came mewing at my feet, waiting for food. My sister has a small handful that she has tamed and they hover around the house. Two older one's and one from last spring's litter. The little one is very friendly. The mom, not so much. The third one, depends on her mood. All three are horribly skinny. You can feel all their bones but you should see them eat! Mice, baby rabbits, people food. You name it, they eat tons but you could never tell.

Today, my aunt Brenda came out for lunch. I decided to greet her on the porch. It was around lunch time so the cats were hovering, hoping for the leftovers to be brought out. The mommy was wrapping herself around my ankles so i decided to pick her up. I was playing with her, scratching her head, brenda was coming up the steps. Didn't think anything of it. Looked down and I had "something" on my foot. I had just finished sloppy joes for lunch and thought that is what was on my foot but as I let the cat down to investigate I realized the "something" was all the way down my side and my arm as well.

Damn cat, shit on me! That's right. She pooped all over me. Little fucker! I stood their sceaming, my aunt laughing and no one coming to rescue me. I teetered into the house doing everything I could do keep my lunch down, screaming at my sister to get me clean clothes and trying to get to the shower without spreading the "stuff" all over what was still clean. EWWWW! I gagged for the first 10 minutes in the shower while I scrubbed and scrubbed trying to inhale the sweet scent of my bath gel! Did I mention the cat SHIT on me? Ewww~ man, do I miss the farm life. As I sit and type this, I'm all clean and I'm watching a gaggle of wild turkeys and their babies wander across the yard. Supper anyone?

No comments: