Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm home, Mom's sick, and I'm swamped

It's Tuesday night, 10:30 pm, I've been home since yesterday at 5 pm.

Made the return trip in 8.5 hours of driving time for a total of 592 miles one way.

Top gas price paid was $2.70 a gallon in Chamberlain, SD.

Number of killed birds for trip, 3 (and yes, I ducked when each of them hit the windshield).

Time spent running the water in my house once I got home, 2.5 hours as a water main broke while I was gone and left rust colored stuff in all the pipes.

Number of loads of laundry done since getting home, only one just now put in the dryer due to previously mentioned water issue.

At least I also have a load of garage sale clothes started. Speaking of which, I have to go through my "wardrobe", clean, fold and tag a bunch of clothes for Saturday garage sale.

Mom had her first chem two days before I got there, went three days without eating afterwards due to being sick. Man, that was hard. She yelled at me for trying to vacuum for her on Saturday though so I know she was feeling better. Even made her world famous potato salad for us on Sunday. God love that woman. And as of today, blood tests show the poison they are pumping through her in HALF doses hasn't killed her kidneys yet so they can do it again in 2 weeks.

This week I have to meet twice with my realtor, I'm trying to find a house and it's crazy. I am meeting a new nurse here at the clinic that graduated from carroll college. Need to plan for weekend boating trip (spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Tim to discuss the trip).

Need to add Dan's website to my blog list as he is leaving us in 2 weeks to set out on a world tour for at least a year with a backpack, a camera and a laptop! See Moose Kin...need to figure out fuckin' code to make link appear in blog text! Os...what you sent didn't work!

Need to see the boyfriend (had dinner and played mini-golf last night) but we are both up to our eyebrows in work.

Speaking of work, Dr T is on a micromanaging warpath and yesterday redid my entire september calendar and didn't bother telling me about it. Scheduling nightmare! I have to endure a meeting on Friday morning with him with the other PA and NP on the service. NOT looking forward to it. God, give me strength.

Need to sleep. Sleep? Anyone know why we really need to sleep?

So, if I haven't stopped by your blog this week, I'm sorry. If I don't stop by this week, I'm sorry. I'm going to be getting a lot of shit done while attempting to avoid being shit on (left the farm cats alone after Saturday's little adventure thank you!). If I don't get a half nekkid picture up, I'm sorry. I'll try! That's all I can say for this week. Hopefully I'll visit you all before next but if not, happy mid-August!

No comments: