Sunday, August 28, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things...

I have a serious case of the blahs. With mom being basically put on pallative care, trying to buy a house, and starting with a new surgeon this week, my brain has turned to barely functional. So yesterday afternoon before leaving work I confirmed a breakfast with a good girlfriend and arranged to follow it with a deep tissue massage.

I'm home now from all of that, I have taken a little nap and am contemplating cleaning my house. instead, i'm going to make a list of my favorite things. I haven't done that since starting my blog so I thought I would give it a try. i was trying very hard during my massage to think of them in my head. So, without further ado, here is a list of my 100 favorite things, in no particular order.



  1. Big loud thunderstorms with pouring rain
  2. Flannel sheets and down comforters
  3. My mom's molassess cookies
  4. " " potato salad
  5. " " homemade dinner rolls
  6. Montana sunsets after a big thunderstorm
  7. The sound of Avlanche Gorge, in Glacier National Park
  8. The smell of a thick, green forest in the morning dew
  9. Cheesesticks and movie nights with my best friend Heather
  10. A good microbrewed beer...particularly a Miner's Gold from the Lewis and Clark Brewery or Beltian White from Harvest Moon
  11. Sleeping in on Saturday mornings
  12. A surprise letter in the mailbox from a friend
  13. Grandma's beef barley stew
  14. the smell of a warm apple pie but the taste of a cold piece
  15. Plain old vanilla ice cream
  16. A night on the living room floor lit by candles and the fireplace
  17. Snowflakes
  18. My friend Laura's spaghetti sauce
  19. Hanging out with my uncle's grandson, Toby, who is 11 now
  20. Hiking in the Rockie Mountains
  21. Soft wool sweaters
  22. Silk camisoles
  23. My sherling wool Land's End slippers
  24. A big fluffy robe
  25. Laughing with friends around a home cooked meal
  26. Crunching in thick trails of fall leaves
  27. The excitement of a high school football game on a cold winter night
  28. Denver Broncos Football!
  29. That feeling after a really good workout when initially you just didn't feel like doing it
  30. Curling up on my boyfriend's shoulder and falling to sleep
  31. Watching babies sleep
  32. Long naps
  33. Scary Movie: Silence of the Lambs
  34. Chic Flick: Beaches and Under the Tuscan Sun
  35. Girl Power movie: GI Jane
  36. Classic: the original One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest
  37. Favorite book: The Alienist by Caleb Carr
  38. Favorite author: Patricia Cornwell
  39. TV Show: CSI (the original)
  40. Peaches and heavy cream
  41. Listening to my cats purr
  42. taking pictures
  43. A good scary movie
  44. The smell of a rose garden
  45. Yellow roses and white tulips
  46. the color orange
  47. lying in the sun
  48. shoveling snow
  49. Sipping hot tea and watching the snow fall
  50. Thanksgiving
  51. Fall colors
  52. The feeling of freshly harvested wheat running through your fingers
  53. Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, wrapped up in a blanket
  54. Rain on a tent
  55. The smell of fresh cut alfalfa
  56. Walks on the beach at dusk
  57. Watching movies with a big blanket and pillows all over the floor on a stormy day
  58. Leather bound journals and planners
  59. Big heavy pens and pencils
  60. Giving gifts
  61. Reading
  62. The brisk feeling of a early fall morning on your face
  63. Dark Chocolate
  64. Strawberries and champagne
  65. A warm cozy house
  66. Dress pants from The Limited
  67. Hidden Lake outside of Helena, MT
  68. Long dinners with candlelight and music with a loved one
  69. Any Harry Connick, Jr CD (yes, I have them all...thanks to Os)
  70. Alison Kraus and Union Station
  71. My boys...reggie and romeo
  72. my first dog...Smutter
  73. Making snow forts
  74. The smell of a freshly cleaned house
  75. Thick cotton socks
  76. A good brandy sour
  77. A night out on the dance floor until closing time
  78. Bluegrass music
  79. A good back massage...either giving on OR getting one
  80. Getting a pedicure
  81. My black hills gold ring that has my great grandmother's wedding band diamonds in it
  82. The cross my grandfather gave grandma when he left for world war II
  83. Summer's at gifted camp when I was growing up
  84. That feeling on a plane ride you get as you land at "home"
  85. Smore's...without the chocolate
  86. Flannel pajama pants
  87. Kissing
  88. ...and being kissed, on the neck
  89. Hugs
  90. Holding hands
  91. Getting a thank you for something unexpected
  92. Baby giggles
  93. Pear candles
  94. Drafting floor plans on a drafting board for fun...always to big or elaborate to really build
  95. Suturing (I know, morbid, but I really enjoy it...it appeals to the perfectionist in me)
  96. Making jewelry
  97. the taste of water from a glacier cold mountain stream
  98. My old reading tree in my back yard when I was a kid...it had the perfect nook to sit in
  99. Traveling...to wherever
  100. Robert Frost's poem...The Road Less Traveled

No comments: