Saturday, October 08, 2005

Happy Birthday?

Well, I'm a year older now. As Os has pointed out, yesterday was my birthday. In the grand scheme of birthdays, there was definitely no bells and whistles such with this one. In fact, I think the word disappointment sums it up best. I have always thought of birthdays as special. This one just didn't feel that way at all.

I spent the entire morning in a darkened conference room being lectured at, then walked in the rain to lunch with my supervisor from work who was at the conference with me. I at least treated myself to a nice lunch (actually the clinic treated me to a nice lunch as they will be getting the receipt). I had crab cakes and then a wonderful brownie sundae. I then spent 2.5 hours sitting in the airport waiting for my flight. Then a three hour flight in a horribly small plane with some college freshman sitting behind me, I can tell you about anything you might want to know about her because she blabbed quite loudly the entire time! Had a substandard salad with a cheap glass of wine in the airport.

Thank God for my boyfriend...he picked me up at the airport. Had a special CD he made for me playing in the truck. 10 songs, each from a different musical genre. The best part...he subjected himself to a country song and a bluegrass song just for me! He also got me a really cool atomic clock for my new house that is completely idiot proof and will tell me the weather, the time, and the moon phase. It's pretty swift. He then gave me an iPod shuffle and even had taken the time to download the cd he made me onto it. We crashed hardcore around 1:30, exhaused from work and travel. It was cold here, in the low 30's, I slept so hard but had to be up at 6 to head to the church for my retreat.

Tonight we are just going to Outback for dinner, I ate seafood all week, a nice red steak sounded good and then to blockbuster for a movie. Grammy sent me flowers, got a care package from my best friend with new moose-stuffin's, Os woke me up yesterday, sister wished be happy birthday only after I called home to tell the family I made it home safe.

I know it wasn't a BAD birthday, it just didn't feel like a birthday. Nothing special, felt sort of "ick" all day due to rain and then plane. Oh well! I'm 28 now. maybe when I'm 30 I will have my shit together.

No comments: