Saturday, October 01, 2005

Heading South

I'm trying to get a lot of things done today so that I can leave here tomorrow morning. Where does time go? It's 4:30 on Saturday and I haven't even started packing other than to get my suitcase out of the closet. Of course, we are planning to go Ocktoberfest in Lacrosse tonight so I have to get it all done tonight, plus get all "girled" up to go out. no way I will make time to pack in the morning, I'm going from bed, to car, to plane, to sleep.

I am attending the annual meeting of PA's in Orthopedic Surgery in Norfolk, Virginia. It's a week long conference. My department supervisor will also be there, which is nice. Other than when I went to the national PA conference in Vegas right after graduating, I'm use to going to conferences alone and not knowing anyone. This will help, at least there will be someone to introduce me to other people and grab dinner with. I hope to get some time to wander around the Naval Base and such. Going to do a dinner cruise on Wednesday night too. I love work trips. I am also going to sleep in everyday to 7 am!

The only down side to this trip is the return date. Friday is my 28th birthday. The conference gets done around 11:30 that morning. I figured I could get an early afternoon flight and be home before the sun goes down to spend the day celebrating. With all the Northwest Airline issues and cutbacks I have to take a 5:30 departure with a 10:30 pm arrival. At least the boyfriend will be around to pick me up. Oh, well...I spent last year's birthday flying to a conference. I checked into my hotel room around 11:30 pm and ordered a piece of chocolate cake to my room to celebrate while I chatted on the phone with Os.

This has been a long week and today hasn't been much better. I feel really drained for some odd reason. Can't seem to get my mojo flowing. Wednesday night after volleyball (we won, boosted our record to 12-0) I came home and took the bubble bath that you saw in HNT because I was simply too tired to stand for a shower. I was in bed and asleep by about 9:30 pm. Thursday was even worse. We were on call at work so I was there at 6:45 am and stayed until 7:15 pm. I got home, warmed up left overs from Macaroni Grill and at 8:45 my eyes were watering from struggling to stay awake. I went to bed and was asleep by 9 o'clock. Didn't even hear the phone ring when my friend Heather called me. Slept straight through till my alarm went off at 5:45 am.

Last night was fun. It was homecoming at the high school that I cover for sports med. It was a pretty uneventful game. 33-0, no real big injuries. Some dehydration, a dancer who subluxed her knee cap but danced anyway. Afterwards the boyfriend and I went to see Oliver Twist. Don't recommend this version...very dark. Much prefer the musical rendition of the story instead. I got up early this morning in spite of not getting to sleep until 1 am. Had to finish my outline for the retreat I'm planning. Got that done, went to that meeting. Got home and crashed. Hard core. I had no energy! Nada...coffee, didn't work. Food didn't work, a nap didn't work. The boyfriend called me and I was completely out of it.

I'm moving a bit now. Going to finish my rambling here and start packing. Suppose to be high 70's to low 80's in Norfolk this week. Should be beautiful! And I can SLEEP!! YIPPEEE!

No comments: