Saturday, October 29, 2005

Prep Work

I took possession last night and this morning at 10 am my friend Tim and I headed over to the new house to start prepping it for paint. The old owner was still there...cleaning and moving stuff out yet. Oh well, she wasn't in the way so we got started. It is now 4:30 and I'm out of tape, need to make another run to Menard's and then I will go back and at least get the living room started with primer.

This is the living room. It is currently sponged that brown color over a yellow. The previous paint job was not done well so even though we have everything taped off and even I will be doing a lot of cutting in with white on the crown molding and the baseboards. Oh well. That is what owning a home is about right? Having little projects to do here and there.


This is one room in the house that I'm not doing anything with. This is the dining room and I like the sage green and the stripes. The little nook is an old shelf for the phone. There are three of them through the whole house. Just one more thing to add to the character of the place.


This room needs lots of work. It is the guest bedroom and as you can see it was made up for a little boy, complete with a wallpaper border. Below is the start of the prep work in it. I sprayed the whole border with DIFF, let it sit for a while and took my stripper to it. As you can see in the pictures it came off pretty slick. Now all I have to do is wipe the walls down with a wet rag and start painting.


There are more pictures to come. The master bedroom is half painted. She has left me the remaining paint to finish the room. That shouldn't take too long. For now, i'm off to Menard's for spackle, a putty knife, and more tape. If I can get the living room painted tonight, I will be happy. I am going to have to do primer and paint so wish me luck.

No comments: