Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Boys and girls...

let's get ready to rumble! Whew...the C league co-ed champions have moved up to the B league. We won one. That one was because the team we were playing was short a player when it was time to start so they had to forfeit the first game. the second game was 17-25and the third was something-to 25, both them :( We moved up because we wanted the challenge. It got a bit ugly at the end, tempers flared a bit, things didn't roll off our backs quite like they did before. We know what's ahead of us, it will all work out. It will be good for us.

In other news, I had an "interesting" day at work today. we saw 40 patients by 1 pm. 2 no shows and one that we didn't have on our outpatient calendar but knew we needed to go see up on the floor. I called to check on all three and of the three 2 were deceased. I felt like the grim reaper. I would page my chief resident after each call and let him know, "uh...so and so won't be coming back for follow-up...uh...they passed away." So when we headed up the intensive care unit to check on a young lady that was given a very high mortality likelihood because of her infection and found her not there, I was a tad on the worried side. Instead, we found that she had been moved to a regular patient floor, was awake and alert. It was the first time I had ever seen her conscious in the three weeks that she has been with us. It was amazing. That is what makes my job worth it.

Now it is a down hill slide to Saturday morning. We are putting on a retreat at church and I'm a bit behind on my portion of it. I have it outlined on my computer, know in my head what I want to do. Just don't have all the supplies I need yet. Tomorrow night we are meeting to do our decorations/gifts. Friday night need to decorate tables. Saturday morning need to be their at 7 am. I have my massage scheduled for 2 pm afterwards!

Good night ya all! happy HNT...I'll eventually get my act in gear and get another picture posted someday!

No comments: