Thursday, November 03, 2005

Seriously??

I just got home from Target and need to jot down a few observations....

1. Today is November 3rd...Target has their full blown christmas display out. Christmas display??? Hello, Thanksgiving???....that forgotten holiday with Turkey, stuffing, family and happiness over the things that we have been blessed with.

2. Their is customer service and then there is customer service.

Example 2A: I went in my winter white two piece business suit that has dual toned brown pin stripes. It looks pretty sharp. A very creepy cart guy got way too close to "welcome" me into the store as I walked in. Just the way he said "how are you doing?" gave me the chills.

Example 2B: I pull up to the check out and the clerk is beyond happy. She is talking up the poor little 5 year old in front of me, whose mom had just bought him new clothes. He looked terrified. I get up to pay for my stuff and she literally commented on EVERY item in my cart. Lightbulbs, flat iron for my hair, swifter sweeper with wet and dry refills, a bottle of lysol with bleach toilet bowl cleaner, a quart of milk, a pair of flannel jammie pants. Then she left my lysol sitting out and left the milk in a bag by itself. I asked her to just throw them in the bag together and she argued with me in her happy, how may I help you voice. I just looked down at her and said, they are both in sealed bottles and put them in together myself. She also commented about how "soft" my new flannel pants were...they really weren't, sort of starchy stiff, need to be washed. And then something about my swiffer sweeper. My question...what would she have commented about if I had condoms, tampons, and cold medicine. My point is, say hi, tell me thank you, have a nice day...but PLEASE do NOT comment on every item in my cart, especially when other people are in line, don't argue with me about what I want bagged together. Ugh!

So, I'm hauling my office books to the main floor, replacing burned out light bulbs, washing sheets, and packing up things. I have taken ALL DAY tomorrow off. Now I can get a lot done!

No comments: