Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Bedroom pictures

Get your minds out of the gutter! It's too early in the week for HNT pictures :)

It is Tuesday night, I've been home since early and could be getting tons and tons done. Instead, I'm being a kid. I have hot cocoa, just got off the phone with my best friend and I'm watching Charlie Brown's Christmas Special. I thought I would post a few more house pictures since it has been a few days. The master bedroom is doing a bit better so here are some pictures to get an idea of where it is going. I haven't put pictures up on the wall anywhere and once I do that it will finally feel like "home". Just haven't had time to get the special mounts that I need.

This first picture is the runner next to my side of the bed. Cats love to land on the end closest to the end of the bed and slide on it up to the nightstand. I have sticky stuff to put underneath, just haven't cut it yet.


This picture is my bed. If you go back to very early in my blog history there is a big post about this bed. This was my first piece of individually purchased "grown-up" furniture. It is a slatted hardwood sleigh bed. I looked all over for it. The walls in the room are called "Spring Green" and all my bedding and accents are various shades of sage green and lavender. The ugly shades are black out shades because I need lots of darkness to sleep. I will put up pretty gauzy swags sometime to hide them a bit.



The cats love to hang out on these pillows. They are big overstuffed down pillows that my Grandma Rose made. The pillow shaws are a mix of washable suede, linen, taffeta, and such so they are very "touchable". You can see the dent where Romeo sleeps every night at my feet. Doesn't he look huge in this picture? He's a big cat, but not nearly as big as he looks in this picture.



This vanity with a sink is what made me really like this room. in college my dorm room had a sink and mirror in the room. Now I can pile all my "girl" stuff on this in my own bedroom and keep the full bath pretty so that when guests use it my hair spray, brush, hair, etc isn't all over the place. The only thing I don't like is the direction the door opens. It opens and stops right up against the sink. Might try to take it off and put it on the other way. That can be done at a later time.

Well Charlie Brown is over so I should make myself some supper and finish folding the laundry I started. Now I feel a bit more warm and fuzzy, still not completely into the holiday spirit. Maybe I'll do some shopping this weekend and see if that helps.

No comments: