Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Beading Party

The second party of the week is over, it's cold and rainy and I'm darn near ready to take a bit of a snooze, but I wanted to post a few pictures first. I had three people that ended up not being able to make it but we still have a good time. I am "advertising" for the gal that does these parties since I have her business card in a pic but she does such a great job and is so much fun I felt the need to include it.

This pictures below aren't all the jewelry I made but she has the two necklaces with her to finish at her house with leather strands.

I used a white shell charm about 2 inches in diameter to use as the center for a necklace that matches these earrings. The pink is australian opals and the rest is random stuff that I don't know about. The green background doesn't do it justice but the back of my laptop screen is where I could get it to focus the best. I can't wait to get the necklace back.

These are to go with a wooden and turquoise necklace I made to go with all the new turquoise sweaters I accumulated over the holidays. Everyone thought they turned out very "Coldwater Creek-ish".



T

This is Marci's card with a few of my other pieces. I made the sandal earrings last summer but broke one, so she fixed it today for me. The long narrow charm is one she made and had for sale. It was only $8!!! I have a floating silver chain that I want to wear it on.


This is the group that I entertained. All of these young ladies work with me in one way or another at the Clinic and the little lady came along with her mom. The group made a watch, several necklaces, a set of wine glass charms, bracelets, and some earrings. One other gal was there but had left to pick up her kids before we took our picture. Some of us made pieces to keep ourselves, others made some as gifts.

The menu this morning included a fruit pizza, sliced fruit with strawberry cream cheese dip, a meat, cheese and cracker tray, Panera bagels, coffee, tea, juice, and mimosas. I had all the lights on and every candle in the house lit to let people wander around the house. Reggie mingled with everyone and let the youngest pet him. Romeo vanished at the first "ding" of the doorbell and hid the entire time. They are both curled up on the back of the couch with me right now and after a bagel I need a nap!

No comments: