Monday, January 23, 2006

First dinner party

If you have read my blog for a while you know I like to have dinner parties at my house. Spaghetti feeds to prep for big volleyball games, lasagna dinners for going-away parties, and tonight, in my new house, a taco potluck for a couple belated January birthdays. I spent all afternoon scrubbing floors, hanging pics in the guest bedroom and bathroom, moving empty boxes to the basement, and unpacked boxes to the office.

Tonight 6 of us dined on tacos, beer (Big Sky Brewery's Powder Hound Ale from back in Montana...yumm), and cake. I did the meat, beans, onions, and olives and assigned everyone else something to bring except the birthday boys. I picked up a cake on my way home along with Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla ice cream (THE best vanilla ever) and we dined. We laughed so hard we nearly blew beer out our nose, had tears rolling down our face and throbbing forehead veins.

The gang is gone, the dishwasher is washing and the table is pushed back to the wall. The house has a new feel though. It's got a life now. It's amazing what people gathering can do for one's psyche. There's a "vibe" here now.

This Saturday I'm hosting a jewelry making party too. Breakfast foods, mimosas, women making jewelry and touring my house. Feels pretty cool!

No comments: