Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Random thoughts

Today is a Wednesday. It's midweek. I'm home. Not a work. It is WONDERFUL. Since we are slow this week I opted to take a day off to work at home. I have watched The Today Show in my jammies. I went to Home Depot and picked up a 6' long folding table for my craft room. I got gas. I went to the party store to get supplies for this weekend's party. I have done all of this in tennis shoes, sweat pants and a tank top. I have moved my desk, hung my diplomas, and been busy in general. It's great.

Last night since I knew I didn't have to go to work today, I suggested a late movie. The boy and I went to seee Chronicles of Narnia. I attempted to read the book when I was a kid but frankly, it scared me so I quit. The movie was great. The little girl who played Lucy looked very much like a friend of mine from college. Thought that was cute. We laughed, I cried, in general it was a nice feel good movie. Came home at 12:30 and slept like rock.

Prior to the movie last night I covered the local high school hockey game again. This time I was seated in front of the opposing team's parents. THAT was an experience. No wonder the kids started with illegal hits and just dirty play about half way through the second period. There were 40 year old "grown men" calling teenage boys "pussy" and "wimp". My God! It's a HIGH SCHOOL sporting event. I'm a die hard sports fan, I have been known to yell "kill 'em" at pro level football games. But to call a 16 year old KID a pussy? Seriously people, grow up. By the third period play was ugly. Nasty hits, hooking, slashing, you name it. What does that mean for me? I got to do a full neurological exam on a kid that got his head slammed into the boards. That was fun. Made sure to tell his parents to take him to the ER if he started puking, sluring his speech, etc. Great fun!

Os got a present yesterday. Just.A.Girl and I treated him to a bit of a music collection. I'm sure you will hear more about it from him.

Weather is weird as shit here. yesterday it was 7 degrees with 40+ mph winds. Today, it's 30 degrees, sun is shining and very little wind. Tomorrow is suppose to be over 40. Just nuts.

Back to work, v-ball tonight and a hair cut before that. I'm getting all sorts of things done today. I need to do this playing hookey thing more often.

No comments: