Sunday, January 01, 2006

First post

Happy New Year! It's 2006. How did that happen? The year has been more good than bad so I can't complain. Last night the boyfriend and I rang in the New Year in Minneapolis with a corner suite, champagne and great atmosphere. Over the last week I have been working on my Kodak Gallery calendar and in the process have been reminded of all the good things that I have done this year. So for my first post of 2006, here's a photo review of things I have done this past year that I'm happy to remember.

I don't have many pictures from the beginning of the year. The start of 2005 was rocky to say the least. The doctor that hired me left the Clinic and started a practice in Arizona, leaving me with a doc in charge of the orthopedic trauma service that wasn't the most PA friendly. Going to work was a bit on the dreadful side. On the homefront, neither my mom nor my grandma were doing the best in the health category. So in late February when the boyfriend invited me to join him in San Diego for a week I jumped at the chance. So my first pictures to remember 2005 start in March, in San Diego, California.

MARCH: San Diego, CA

That's me on the deck of the USS Midway standing next to a F-14 Tomcat. My dream is to fly one of these some day.

We took a nice ride through the shoreline park after dinner my first full day in San Diego. Unfortunately, about that same time I got a phone call that my Mom was now in the hospital as well, along with Grandma who wasn't doing so well. Hard to be in such a beautiful place and not have any control over the happenings around you.



I spent the days touring the shoreline of San Diego during the day while the boyfriend was in meetings all day. There are a lot of naval memorials and since Grandpa was on the USS Yorktown I've always been a bit of a Navy freak. I also took a ocean whale watching tour.. That is the skyline as you pull out of the bay.

Had to eat at Moose McGillacuddy's!

JUNE: June marked a wedding as well as family time. For the second year in a row I worked Grandma's Marathon in Duluth. This year, my aunt and sister joined me. I'm a PA, my aunt is an ER nurse, and my sister is an Athletic Trainer. We did some sightseeing over the weekend as well.

No smart comments froms friends and family about the sign I'm standing by. The Loose Moose is an art gallery down the street from my aunt's house. The lighthouse is Split Rock Lighthouse on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Great hiking...if you don't mind the stairs!



My sister and I in our Medical Team T-shirts along the Canal underneath the suspension bridge in Duluth.
The three "Kahl" girls after a long day of caring for the runners. We chowed down at Grandma's Bar and Grill...general headquarters for the marathon.


Our friends Ben and Megan tied the know in a beautiful Friday night ceremony. A friend snapped this nice picture of the boyfriend and I at dinner. If you ever get to Minneapolis, head to Cafe Lurcat for their signature hamburgers!

Keep reading into the next post for the rest of 2005 in review! Blogger stopped letting me add pictures after the bike injury shots so I had to do two separate posts.

I wish you and yours all the best in the New Year! I look forward to a trip to Chicago in March and Atlanta in September for sure. I'll add some fun in their sometimes I'm sure. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Hygiene - regular showering and cleansing of a penis and surrounding areas works as a must, detail just isn't going to occur then the sizegenetics may become irritated or infected;Priapism - an sizegenetics of one's penis that could be persistent and will not subside;Prostatitis - an infection of your prostate gland;Sickle Cell Anemia - a blood disease that affects the hemoglobin, or the protein throughout the blood that carries oxygen over the sizegenetics and can restrict penile function;STD's and Other Infections - Chlamydia, genital herpes, scabies and crabs, thrush and other forms of infections;
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/