Tuesday, February 21, 2006

relief

I think I should be feeling guilty and/or disappointed at this very moment but I'm actually relieved. Ever put lots of time and effort into planning something and then get just overloaded from a time and resources standpoint?

That happened this week. We have had this Saturday set as our Lenten Retreat date for over a year now. We have a great program planned. I had a meeting for it this past Sunday, needed to write the closing remarks yet, needed to be at the church all Friday night to set up and back at 7 am on Saturday morning to get the breakfast tables ready and then have the four hour retreat. All well and fine until the rest of my schedule filled in over the last several weeks.

in the last few weeks I added a puppy sitting gig at a friend's house, a boyfriend that unexpectedly had to fly out and will need picked up on Friday night, plus this damn sinus infection, and two meetings for my Habitat project. All of that on top of the retreat was looking like it was going to knock me out for the count this weekend.

Welllllllll....as it turns out, due to some changes in how we can advertise for our retreat only four people had registered by last night, which was our deadline. This is an event usually attended by 30-50 people. An executive decision has been made to move it to the middle of march and that puts me off the hook....I'm going to have time to catch my breath!

I should feel bad right? Tell me I'm okay for not feeling bad. Life happens and sometimes you have to step away from it for a bit. My plans now for Friday night...candles, champagne, fireplace and sleeping in till the puppy has to be let out on Saturday morning!

No comments: