Monday, March 13, 2006

First time in a long time...

I'm about to go to bed but I wanted to celebrate the night's sleep I got last night first. If you read this regularly you know I don't sleep well. Usually at the beginning of the week i have so much going on that my mind just won't slow down enough for me to stay asleep. And then, by the end of the week I'm so exhausted that I crash by 9 on Friday night. It was starting to affect my relationship due to the crazy snoring I'm prone to when I become sleep deprived and finally do crash.

About a month ago I got a new internal med doc who truly listened to my concerns. She prescribed me a medication I hadn't tried yet and one that is also highly adjustable depending on how it works or doesn't work for me. However, when I got the prescription I was taking a ton of cold medications and I didn't want to combine them. It wasn't until last week that I tried the new meds.
I used it three nights last week at the lowest dose. The dose ranges from 7.5 mg all the way up to 30 mg. The 7.5 didn't do anything.

So last night I took 15 mg and for the first time in a really long time once I fell asleep I did NOT wake up until my alarm went off. Sweet bliss! In fact, when my alarm went off I woke sort of startled because I wasn't "expecting" it. I'm so use to waking up every 20-30 minutes from about 2:30 am on that I usually "know" when my alarm is going off. And...I didn't have that hangover/headache feeling some other sleeping meds have caused in the past!


So even though my alarm went off at 5:15 I didn't care because I had slept the whole night! Wow! That's what that feels like.

It's only 9 pm now but I had an early start and also put in two hours at the gym. My laundry is folded, the kitchen clean, my calendar updated, so I'm going to bed. Let's see if I can get two good night's worth of sleep in a row...i'm happy dancing my way to the bedroom (and the boy isn't even their waiting).

No comments: