Sunday, March 12, 2006

Groovy baby!


The eyes have it...Last night, the boy's realtor hosted his annual appreciate party, complete with a theme. 1970's revisited. I got to wear blue eye shadow, two-toned leather platform boots and polyester!! Check out the pictures and reminence a bit.


We participated in the YMCA dance contest and for our efforts were rewarded with our own copy of the Rochester On Board Monopoly game.


I LOVED the boots. These may make a second or third appearance. Other than being uncomfortable they definitely gave the outfit some mojo.



I had to do the Farrah Fawcett curls for the night too. Now this picture was taken five hours after they were first done and I'm exhaused so I look like crap but the hair still looks good. The boy actually liked the throwback curls.



So, you have to all answer a question for me...does the boy look like Nicolas Cage? There was a table of late 30-early 40 somethings that were just fascinated with him. He even gave autographs. Don'tcha just love the orange top and tan suit? Beyond groovy!

I'm on the phone with Os making sure that Apollo 13 happened sometime in the 1970's because I felt my outfit looked like something the wives were wearing in the movie. The mirror makes the shots look hazy but you get the idea.


This is my friend from work and her boyfriend who also happen to be the event photographer. Thought I would turn the camera around on him. Don't they look awesome?


These are the pictures of those participating in an Austin Powers type look and a couple Sonny and Cher's. PLEASE PLEASE take a close up of the chick on the far left with the pink hat. I swear she is either a guy, or USE to be a guy!


Overall it was a sweet party! The feet are paying for it and for the record, polyester does not breath. I may have to reuse a couple of these pics for an HNT!

No comments: