Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Are you listening...HNT?

I have a bad habit. I don't listen well.

My hearing is great. I can hear things that an entire room full of people will not hear. There is nothing wrong with my hearing. There is a listening issue.


I have been known to completely zone out while on the phone with friends. I'm talking losing entire portions of conversation because I didn't listen. In conversation I also interrupt. The boy has brought it more to my attention lately as one of my annoying habits.

I know about it, I'm completely aware when other people do it to me and how I feel when they do it to me. In spite of all of this, I still have listening issues.
I'm working on it.

I have amazing interviewing skills at work. I can get things out of patients and strangers quite easily. Now I just have to let them finish their own sentences. Once I figure out where a person is going with a sentence or conversation I have this nasty habit of finishing their thought for them. I "hear" what they are going to say before they say it and say it myself....nasty habit!


So, I present to you an ear to listen...Happy HNT!





No comments: