Saturday, June 10, 2006

End of the week

This week has been emotionally draining and professionally satisfying all at once. So when I didn't get out of bed until 10:45 this morning, I really didn't feel all that guilty.

Mom is home from the hospital. Dad went up and got her yesterday. My grandma is still in the hospital but as of today is suppose to be getting out of the ICU. The world of blogger's got a bit smaller after a few other people that have either had cancer, have lost someone to cancer, or are currently going through the process left comments. I have been able to communicate with a few strangers that have offered wonderful words of support and experience. I would try to name them but I am sure to leave someone out, but thank you.

Summer officially has started for the trauma service! Tuesday had us on our toes from 5 am until the middle of the night. My particular role means I don't say all night but I was there for 14 hours on Tuesday! I was so wound up when I got home that it took me another two hours to get to bed. I was super busy and a bit harried at work but I was useful. That made it a great day. Thursday we had numerous elective surgical cases scheduled and the team handed over the scapel and screwdriver in the afternoon. Again, busy and under pressure but loving it. I definitely work in the right job for me.

So last night I relaxed at a Hawaiian themed party while the God's rained down with a horrific thunderstorm. After resetting the Moxi box, the DVD player and the TV this morning to get them all to work again I've started working on "house cleaning". With the increase in temp I think my cats are going to explode. There is hair everywhere! It's cool, gray and rainy today so a good day to be productive at home, right?

No comments: