Sunday, June 11, 2006

Random things about me...

Another silly meme I found from somewhere, not sure where. Nothing exciting to post so I'll bore you with details of my life.

Accent: Unfortunately, I think I'm starting to get a Minnesota accent...ya know?

Book that I like:
My favorite is the Alienist by Caleb Carr but my favorite authors are Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs

Chore I don't care for: Vacuuming

Dog or Cat: Either, but I have two cats right now because my lifestyle wouldn't be fair to a dog. I'm never home during the week.

Essential Electronics: My DVR for sure, laptop, and my pager

Fragrance (Cologne): Ralph Lauren Style

Gold or Silver: I like both in the same piece

Handbag I carry most often: A medium size black standard looking bag but the nice liner is a sweet hot pink!

Insomnia: Constantly...now have a med that seems to be helping. My brain just doesn't like to slow down at night

Job Title: Physician Assistant, Dept of Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

Kids: Just two overweight cats but I absolutely can't wait to be pregnant and a mom someday

Living Arrangements:a sweet 2500 finished square foot, three story townhome built in 1938...hardwood floors, crown molding, glass doorknobs. There's a newer unfinished basement underneath but I havent' done anything with it yet.

Most Admirable Trait: The ability to start a conversation with about any one. Comes in handy with such a varied patient population. I've lived a lot of places, had a lot of experiences, helps to pull on those whenever possible.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Standing in the middle of the wheat field after spending the day riding with Dad in the combine. He dropped me off with my grandpa to ride the grain truck back into town because it was getting too late for a little girl to be out in the field. I threw a huge hissy fit and grandpa spanked. The story goes that I stood up all the way to town...I don't actually remember the experience...he never had to spank me again :)

Overnight hospital stays: When I had my tonsils out. And they let me eat all the banana and root beer flavored popsicles I could!

Phobias: Being alone, small spaces

Quote: I chose the road less traveled and that has made all the difference

Religion: Catholic

Siblings: A younger sister by four years

Time I wake up: Between 5:15 and 5:50 am, depending on the day of the week

Unusual Talent or Skill: I can pop my IT band back and forth across my hip to make it look like my hip is dislocating :)

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: There aren't really any

Worst Habit: I peel my fingernails down to the quick when I'm on road trips or anxious

X-rays: MRI of my head to make sure mjy migraines were really just migraines and, several foot series because I have a tendency to run into things. I read them every single day.

Yummy Stuff I Cook: One kickass chili and I make a homemade brandy pumpkin pie from scratch.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: Giraffe...they are sort of awkward but at the same time oddly graceful. Hopefully like me

No comments: