Monday, October 09, 2006

Another year...

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. Os did hi-jack my site...I think that is why he has had so many computer problems--it's his punishment for his internet piracy :)

I am a year older but I'm a year shy of 30 yet. Not sure where I want to be at in my life, hopefully a bit closer to having it "all put together". This weekend was a big step towards that, or at least I think it was. From a standpoint of my birthday it wasn't all that special. I got the usual cards, gifts and well wishes. The bigger news was my "presentation", which I had previously mentioned.

That's right...this weekend I was "presented" to "the parents". I'm happy to report it went far better than poor Gaylord Focker's experience. I did meet a cat but there were no spilled ashes, there were beautiful fall leaves to be seen but no burning gazebos. I did take a carry on suitcase but nobody searched through it. His parents knew what I do for a living and they didn't call me a nurse. Oh yeah, and the old sweet guy in the choir called me pretty, gave me a hug, and showed me the wrapped gash on his leg which he put there with his chain saw. All in all, a big step and survived by all.

It was a beautiful 70 degree weekend with fall colors in all their glory. It was a bit of a roadtrip but the anticipation of meeting the family kept me awake. I think the next big adventure will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the gang. At least I've done that before and even been known to get a few compliments on my turkey making skills.

Have a great week!

No comments: