Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Night Football

35 degree windchill with 15 mph winds, snow flurries, long underwear, smashing helmets...It's Friday Night Football in Minnesota, folks!

That's right, I got out my long underwear, insulated Russell's, cuddleduds, hoodie, Columbia coat, and a big down vest from Cabela's along with my wool socks and hiking boots. The best part of the game? Getting to run around the end zone to get to the other side line to take care of a player and then getting to run from the side line to the middle of the field to get a cramping player off the field. At least I got my heart rate to beat faster than 60 bpm for about 30 seconds.

The worst part? The home team ran over the opponent yet again and continues to improve their record so they will likely be hosting playoff games in November! Doesn't that sound like fun.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: