Sunday, October 01, 2006

She's getting married!

On Friday night I took off from Rochester with a secret! I was driving to South Dakota to surprise my best friend from grade school at her bridal shower and bacherolette party. Her parents, two sisters, brother, sibling's significant others...they all knew but she didn't have a clue. I walked into the house and she was literally speechless and even shed a few tears. A perfect success.

This wonderfully intelligent, beautiful, strong woman is getting married in 6 weeks and I wasn't going to miss all of this in the world. I 'm reading at the wedding but I had to make the "pre-party" functions. The weekend flew by and I'm home now but it was so great to see her. We live a long ways apart and don't get to see each other very often so this was special.

No comments: