Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The little things

I'm starting to reach the holiday panic. It's a bit early but I didn't sleep much last night for some reason (I worked 15 hours yesterday, I should have been out like a light!). Anyway, when I was awake I started thinking about all the things I need to do. I have a Stampin' Up Stamp Camp to get ready for, a card demo exchange to do, a tree to put up, wreaths to buy, my own Christmas cards to make, Christmas crafts to do. So tonight I'm starting to stamp. We'll see what I can get done.

But I had a moment today that made my day. It wasn't anything fantastic or earth shattering, just something little which made my day. Last week when I purchased the red and black lace dress with the shawl I received a garnet and silver necklace and earring set as a purchase bonus. They were very pretty. I wore them for my first Stamp Camp. I also wore them to work a week ago this past Monday. Within 15 minutes of being at work, I had lost one. I had been in two exam rooms, the front desk, and my secretary's office. We looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Today, I got to leave work around noon because of the long day yesterday. I was wandering by the Lost and Found desk and thought I would stop. I didn't have the other one with me but was able to describe it in pretty decent detail. The little elderly volunteer pulled out the big box of lost jewelry and she found it! They had my little garnet earring! I was so excited to have it back even though I owned it for a mere four days before losing it. Take pleasure in the little things in your day and put a smile on your face because of them! Maybe I'll feature the sneaky little bugger in my next HNT :)

No comments: