Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanks for....Dr and Mrs B, and the soon to come Mr and Mrs H


My friend Jami said "I do" this weekend. I'm so proud of her and I love her now husband as well. I first met her in 7th grade and we have been friends ever since. I was honored to be a part of her wedding this weekend. I have included an array of pictures and there are a few stories to go with a few. I'm sure there will be more to come as we all share our pictures with each other.

The bride and her dad






Dr and the soon to be Mrs B











Bride's sister and her boyfriend after getting their cards from the bride.







We had a weepy moment! We got the bride all into her dress and let her go look at herself. She started getting teary eyed but her youngest sister came to the rescue with some left over Halloween candy. Isn't she a LOVELY bride?









See...She really is beautiful!











This turned out to be one of my favorite candid shots of her. I love this girl so much and I'm so proud of her!



This was a few minutes before the start of the wedding. She looks radiant...I looked worried but I so wanted everything to be perfect for her.











Before the wedding we had to entertain the groom's niece. A little DVD player with Toy Story, her thumb and a blanket were all we needed.
















These are all a bit out of order now but you get the idea.















Again, another favorite picture of mine.






Here is a picture with a story. I still want to cry telling it but shit happens and at the end of the day they were still married. The lightening at times sucked so this picture is a bit dark but it will put the image in your head to sat up the story. I was responsible for the readings. I was standing in high heels on a carpeted 3 inch high podium. The readings were perfect and I nearly had them memorized so it wasn't a problem. Exiting the podium was! I fell to me knees minus one shoe in front of 100 + people when I turned and stepped off and according to the bride's mom, me heel got caught in the carpet. I wanted to die. I stood up as calmly as I could with the congregation's gasp still echoing through the church, put my shoe back on and walked back to my pew. The crazy part...I had to go back up 10 minutes later to do the next reading! Yes, it was caught on video, Yes, I felt like an ass. Yes, the bride forgave me. Later her own mom fell off a ledge and she actually got bruised a bit so other than my pride I got off easy.






It's official!























We did it!









She almost had the Chicken Dance figured out and then the music ended :(







The bride and groom took the money raised from the dollar dance and the garter auction to donate to the Children's Miracle Network Danceathon that the U did every year and they were both very involved in. I thought that was pretty darn sweet.





The bride was a Theta in college and it is a Theta tradition to be sung too at your wedding. The two bridesmaids are her sisters, a couple of us all went to Gifted camp together and we all knew each other in college.










A congo line made for some fun pictures...























This is the groom's dad, who after my swan dive off the alter gave me the nickname of "Happy Feet" at the dance. For the record, I danced the entire night away with my high heels on and didn't have a stumble at all.














So all in all, a fabulous time resulting in two amazing individuals promising to share their lives together. I love this girl like a sister and the groom has stood by her for the last few years with a heart of gold. I'm thankful I could share in their weekend.


Oh yeah, I was able to go to church with the family this morning as well. Even made it on time...in spite of the very nice State highway patrolman that pulled me over doing 83 in a 65 mph zone. He was kind enough to record it on my ticket as 80 mph and saved me $83 on my ticket :) First time I have ever every been pulled over and I wasn't even on the interstate! Why wasn't he on the interstate...did he forget it was a hoilday weekend and there were hundreds of people driving home on I-90 NOT Hwy 25?


I also have other big news...if you check the title there were two couples mentioned. On Thursday night, before I headed back to SD for the wedding my other best friend called me. We always call each other on holidays. But this time, she had a tear and a giggle all at the same time in her voice...Her boyfriend was a bit late coming to the table with the excuse of having to use the restroom. When her dad gave him a hard time and said they didn't wait just on anyone, he pulled his chair back, got on one knee and asked Heather to marry him. I'm thankful to say she said yes and was presented with this...
JAMI AND HEATHER...I am so thankful to have both of you in my life and I am happy you have both found the one to share your own lives' with. I'm so proud of both of you and am grateful for your friendship through the years. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: