Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanks for...a night with the boyfriend

Tonight, we decided to head out and see an early Christmas light display. This whole month I have been posting about things to be grateful for in an attempt to hold at bay the ever earlier and earlier onset of Christmas celebrations. However, the local NBC news station combines with several other local businesses to convert a local camp ground into a light display from mid-October to the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It isn't so much of a Christmas theme as it is just "Lights in Bluff Valley".

This past weekend I was super busy with the art show, pedicure, and card workshop. I felt like I had short changed the boyfriend in the time I had to spend with him plus I got a bit on the snippy side on Saturday night when I was down to the wire getting things done and he felt like he got a bad rap in the deal. We spent last night watching my Broncos get beat but I started snoozing just after halftime.

So, tonight we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed north to the Lights in Bluff Valley. We drove through the light display, got "lost" in the light maze for a bit, and finished up watching the evening musical group. We took a few pictures and considering we were driving and trying to take night pictures I think they turned out sort of neat. We didn't take a picture of everything but here are a few of our favorites.

For the night alone with my boyfriend on a nice winter evening outdoors, I'm grateful.






No comments: