Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanks for...a pair of good shoes

That's not what I'm really thankful today but I had to get a picture of my new kickin' OR shoes in this week. I have been whining about being slow at work for the last three weeks. We have been hidiously slow. Maybe one OR case a day.

Today...not the case. We got a subtalar ankle fracture dislocation that was unreducable in the ER, a car versus semi involving open femur fractures and upper extremity injuries, one septic patient with possible source being his shoulder and wrist, a couple "usual" hip fractures, and a few other things. We were BUSY! Oh yeah, somewhere in the middle of the day I had a patient code too.

These new shoes got to scrub in on TWO surgical cases this afternoon and if I hadn't had a hair cut at 6:45 pm I could have stuck around for the two cases we still have left. So for a busy day that got me into the OR, I'm grateful.

No comments: