Sunday, December 17, 2006

Elf'd out...

I've been shoppping, wrapping, stamping, tying, running since Thursday morning and I'm elf'd out. So I'm taking a bit of a break before I try to get one more project started tonight and then off to bed.

I've made a few changes on my blog recently. Make sure to feed Griz every once in a while, he'll wobble for you too. I also updated to the new "google" whatever and I'm not sure I like it. I can comment on some people's easily, and on other's I have to jump through a bunch of hoops. I haven't upgraded to their template so I'm still using haloscan for you to comment on mine. Problems I need to know about?

I also added "Moose Musings". I devour books and lately more so than usual. I just finished Eat, Pray and Love by Elizabeth Gilber. Where was this book three years ago when my own divorce was terrorizing my life? It's a little be "Under the Tuscan Sun", a little bit "what was I thinking", a lot of prayer including a few "why me's?", and a whole lot of insight. This woman doesn't have all the answers yet, she's still looking but she was willing to share what she went through and I found some peace in that. Lately, I've had a hard time finding that and at other times in the last month or so been very, very peaceful with things in my life.

I'm weeding my way through Eragon now, sort of like trying to read Lord of the Rings without knowing the terminology. Might have to break my rule and see the movie before I finish this one. Picked up Thomas Harris' new one; Hannibal Rising too. Might have to skip to that one :) Maybe a good mind disturbing book will but me back on track. Ha!

I was feeling extremely "merry" on Wednesday night when I looked ahead at the near four day weekend I had (I worked an hour or two on both Thursday and Friday) and was all excited for Christmas. Now, I have actually taken stock of all I have to do, what's left, and how much time I have to do it. YIKES! I'm not feeling so peaceful.

Went to church tonight and sure enough, the readings are regarding the search for peace, finding peace, etc. I tried very hard to focus and "be quiet". The little rat in my head wouldn't get off his damn wheel though...but as I take this little break to ramble, I do recognize I got a lot done tonight. Gifts for Mom, Dad, and my sister are wrapped, gifts for my secretaries are wrapped, a list of the gifts to be made is done, doing my aunt's gift during MNF tomorrow, Grandma's tomorrow night. Christmas cards...well, a Catholic Christmas goes to Epiphany the first weekend in January so I'm okay till then.

Folks, have a great week before Christmas. Try not to get wrapped up in it literally. Take some time for you, your family, and a little quiet. All needed!

No comments: