Tuesday, December 19, 2006

One more to go...

Everything is wrapped, stacked, and ready to be put in the car except one gift. Tonight I am going to make my Grandma a stack of every day/all occasion cards to use throughout the year. She moved to a nursing home this past year so Christmas will be a bit different. No Christmas Eve at Grandma's house after church. Plus she doesn't have a lot of room in her room now. She likes to send cards and such so I figured this would be something useful. My aunt and I were going to do a bouquet a month for her but it was just too expensive. This will help her out and put a smile on other people's faces, figured it works.

Last night was the hard push to really get things done. Why do we do this to ourselves? And I say ourselves, because no matter how much any one of us says we love or hate the holidays, we all have a list of tasks we sat ourselves too...whether to avoid the holidays or striving to make them "perfect". Whatever the case for me; we end up busy, stressed out, and frantic the week before Christmas. When I figure out a system to do otherwise I'll let you know. Funny thing is, it usually all works out in the end.

Have fun doing all you need/want/or have to do this week...

No comments: