Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happy Moosemas!

Happy Moosemas! I warned you I was in the mood. I spent yesterday running shopping errands...Target for Toys for Tots, a few ornaments, the nursery for some Christmas wreaths and pine boughs, vet for my kitty's shots. Then I started decorating. It's not complete but I made a very good dent into it yesterday with my boyfriend's help.

Every year I buy one new moose ornament and through the years have gotten several really neat one's from friends and family as well. The above moose was last year's addition and I found him at Cabella's. The guy with the Benjamin Moosemore paint was a gift from family last year after I bought my new house.





The little guy hiding under his flannel I found in a shop up in Duluth three years ago. He's a bit on the shy side though.







The last several years I have stuck to bright blue and primary green decroations with silver accents. This year I decided I needed to change it up a bit. I kept the blue and green but changed the blue to more of a turqoise hue and added purple. I think it turned out nice.









Not sure where he showed up from but he's swinging on a string of beads, looks a little frosted though...wonder if he's cold?







I couldn't have a Christmas tree without some musical decorations. Os was devastated when I moved to Minnesota three years ago so he bought me these two ornaments (A bit fuzzy...sorry, I'll try again when the lights aren't on twinkle) but I have a tenor sax and a trombone so Os and I will always be together for the holidays.














I made the decision cleaning up fallen ornaments was easier than cleaning sap out of cat hair so instead of a real tree I bought long, soft pine boughs and decorated the mantle. I strung some purple and silver ribbon through it and have a wrought iron candle holder in the center. Once I have the candles I'll put a picture of those up too.





There is no good way to take a picture of a Christmas tree. So above you have with a flash to get the overall feel and below without a flash but the colors of the lights showup better. The cats haven't made it completely up the center yet but they usually wait until I'm at work so who knows whwat I will come home to tomorrow :)

No comments: