Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gotta love them...

It's all about THEM this week, I guess!

This one got a trip to the vet today and has a $109 case of pink eye. I had a pretty good idea it was pink eye...I spent the first six months of PA school gazing into the eyes of classmates, a spouse, various kids, and pets to understand an eye exam. The only thing I was missing this week was my ophthalmoscope and stain for his cornea...but his conjunctiva was bright pink and his eye was goopy. So the poor guy had to endure getting in his carrier. The little guy wets himself and then cries the entire time he is in it, soundly eerily like a small trapped child. It's scary. But he got his meds, I paid the bill, and now he's hiding and I'm suppose to find him to put the ointment in his eye four times a day. Wait until I have kids!?

No comments: