Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feeling homey...

The last week I have felt homey; almost nesting like. I know for sure I'm not pregnant so no cause and effect there. I think it's the cold weather. Fall and winter are my favorite time of the year and we have had a very delayed winter this season. In December we had 50 and 60 degree days. We have now had a snowfall which hasn't melted and has actually acccumulated along with subzero temperatures for the last 10 days.

In the last 10 days I have felt very comfortable in my home. I have owned my house for just over a year but it really feels like mine now. A stranger could walk through the house now and learn many things about me. It's a "home" instead of a "house". I have had the desire to spend hours in my softest flannel pajamas, thick warm socks, and my hair in a pony tail curled up in between my flannel sheets with my heating pad and a good book. The other night I even took a cup of hot chocolate to bed with me. When not curled up reading, I have been on the couch working on the computer or watching TV with a warm blanket and a hot cup of tea.

I have also made a point to pick up after myself a bit more. The coffee table is free of the last week's worth of mail, last night I cleared the top of my desk, and each day after stamping in my personally painted and decorated craft room, I have picked my things up so when I have returned the next time the area was clean and ready to begin the next project.

I have wanted to wear my form fitting flowing dress pants with my sharp pair of boots and thick, soft, warm sweaters. I have foregone make-up more than a few days in the last few weeks. I'm enjoying using the various rooms in my house. I have felt very safe in my home.

I'm not sure where the feeling is coming from but a homey, comfy feeling has led to more productivity as well. I've read four books this year already. Finished several magazines which are a few months old. I have also gotten many stampin' projects done and two workshops under my belt in the last week. I'm hoping this feeling sticks around. I like this feeling. It makes me feel calm. Homey. Safe. Comfortable. I like comfortable.

No comments: