Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fun times ahead...

We are expected to get an additional 8-10 inches of snow in the next 24 hours. That's in addition to the 20 inches we got this past weekend and the three and a half we already got today. In between the boughts of snow fall today we have had sleet and rain. To say it's "interesting" out would be an understatement. I mentioned the result of the first storm was increased work for us. Today it resulted in a decrease in business. Monday was a call day. Today was a clinic day. We had quite a few brave souls who came in spite of the weather but many rescheduled. I have no problem with those who reschedule. I have a problem with those who do not call and simpley don't show up.

In between clinic patient's today I got to spend $400 on a new ignition/lock system for my car. Something wrong with the tumbler and electric communication between it and the shifter and brake. Yesterday it resulted in me being stuck in the parking ramp with a key stuck in the ignition and the inability to remove the key or turn the car on. I drove my way slowly home, parked in my garage and once again canceled all my plans for the night

I'm feeling a bit lonely now. My boyfriend has a severely busy week at work and I haven't gotten to see him very much. Sunday night he pulled an all-nighter working on his projects. Monday I was at work late so we canceled our plans to finish installing my new dishwasher. Tuesday night he was still working on deadline related projects. Last night was a great night of volleyball in spite of the weather. Our games were still on and we ended up winning all three after staying within a point or two of each other for all three games. Afterwards my boyfriend and I were able to have dinner together and then he came over to finish installing my new dishwasher. Unfortunately, the weather has interferred with my plans to go to his house tonight and hang out.

Fun times are ahead starting tomorrow so who knows how much we will get to see each other. I begin a house sitting job on a farm just outside of town. There are four horses, two pygmie goats, some chickens and an Australian shepard who lives in doors. Another individual is going to help with the chores but I will be staying at the house because Yoda, the dog, is mostly a house dog. I'm worried about the snow, loss of power, and horses in this blizzard. Could get interesting I was excited about housesitting until this blizzard rolled in, now I'm feeling very anxious. I don't like feeling anxious.

To top it all off, not having a lot of time to spend with my boyfriend over the last couple weeks is bugging me. I'm trying not to be the anxious, worried girl I am but lately it's been creeping in. I know he's busy. There is a lot going on at work this time of year for him. He is willing to make time for me. I just get lonely. I get use to seeing him nearly every day. I find comfort in knowing I can talk about my day with him, plan my weekend with him, just have him around. I don't share well and now I'm sharing him with work. It's awful to be jealous of an employer isn't it? Maybe once the final snow count is in we can hit the slopes on Sunday. I didn't get to go skiing last week with the rest of the gang because of my own work schedule. I felt left out then too.

Time for a glass of wine. I need a hug too...

No comments: