Sunday, March 18, 2007

Post-Patty's Day Prattle

The weekend is finally nearly over and I'm looking to get a few hours of it back! It was a great weekend and I wouldn't mind extending just a few hours of it. Maybe a few Irish prayers and the sun upon my back finally helped me out...

Yesterday morning started with our Lenten Retreat at church. We had a guest speaker so all i had to do was get the morning organized and physically set things up. The best part of the morning was a reflection she had us do on the Last Supper. She had us think about who we would invite to join us in our own home along with Jesus if we were to hose a dinner with him. Who to invite, who would sit where, what would you serve, etc? It was a neat experience.

Last night we joined a group of my friends and acquaintances from work for a surprise 50th birthday party. We had great food, good music, good friends. I even discovered a new drink. Ever try Yukon Jack and Mountain Dew in a Yu-Dew? Very yummy! We went out to a little Irish pub after dinner. It was a crowded smokey mix of drunkness and only an okay band. Their song selection was a bit questionable and their quality was just okay. We stayed until about 10:30 and headed home to watch a movie. This morning we took advantage of sleeping in, made breakfast, and hung out. It was very very nice.

i have smokey clothes to wash now and need to find something for supper but I'm happy for the first time in a few weekends. It was nice for a change. The luck of the Irish was with me and for that I'm grateful. Top o' the week to ya all!

No comments: