Monday, May 14, 2007

A day for nothing

I'm busy. I thrive on being busy. I have a tendency to put things off unless I have multiple things to accomplish. Only when I am really pressed for time due I most efficiently use the time I have. Last week was busy. With a call day from hell, meetings, housesitting, a church event, etc., Monday through Saturday evening was pure chaos. Saturday night I got home around 6:30 pm and I swear I just stared for at least a hour at nothing coming down from it all. I actually crawled into bed after a glass of wine around 9:30 which is very unusual for me.

Sunday morning was a perfect morning for sleeping in. There was a thunderstorm late on Saturday night and Sunday morning dawned on the dark side a bit. It was also cool. I didn't wake up until 8 am and then stayed in bed until 9:30. I moved to the couch, wrapped up in a blanket and started watching a movie. I woke up again around 11. I moved back to bed for 45 minutes. At noon I drove to the gym and got a great massage. I got home around 1:30 pm. I snoozed on the couch again for another hour or so. Watched a little more TV, read a bit of a book, snoozed again.

I have not taken a day to do nothing for so long. It felt good but at the same time each time I woke from a little snooze I felt a bit guilty as well. Is that just a curse of the idle mind? I managed a conference call last night and watched the Survivor Finale with a friend but even that was pretty mindless. Today, I feel a bit refreshed.

A day for nothing felt so wonderously good. I need more of those...

No comments: