Wednesday, May 23, 2007

HNT...Scorched

A co-worker brought me a huge bag of rhubarb. I love rhubarb. I made a rhubarb coffee cake on Monday and took it to work on Tuesday. It was devoured by 10:30 am. This afternoon I made a rhubarb apple crisp...two of them in fact; one for work and one for the neighbor. This is the end result. I caught the knuckle of my left thumb on the top rack. It blistered immediately. And of course it's right on the damn crease and it hurts every time I move my thumb. It's amazing I have any sensation left in any of my fingers from all the hot and cold shit I have stuck them in while cooking never mind the 3 months as a barista with the scolding hot espresso shots. Just one more scar to add to my culinary career.

Just an FYI: The rhubarb apple crisp is scrumptous!

Happy HNT!

No comments: