Monday, July 02, 2007

Another weekend adventure

This weekend I pailed on work early again (I've been gone every single weekend in June) and headed north with the boys to Eagle River, WI. Our friend's family has a cottage which is a great retreat and his dad lets us borrow the boat. It was a great escape into the woods for me and this big gal was the highlight of my weekend. I might not be in Montana any more but I can still get my wildlife on occasion!

Momma bear was foraging along the road on the way back to the main highway. She could not have had less interest in us, she had food on the brain. Never did get her to look up just right for a head shot.





Remember the pretty lab I have dog sat for in the past? She got to have a family reunion this weekend. That's her on the left, her full sister Niki in the middle, and her half sister Maddy on the right. The boyfriend and the girls had a blast with their nearly torn apart tennis ball. They were a blast and Kenzie crashed with me in the backseat on the way home last night. She was a tuckered out pooch.































Of course, the guys had to show off their sporting skills on the water skies and wake board. I was the official spotter and photographer. Something about being pulled at high speeds across open water on skis just doesn't appeal to me.

































On Friday we didn't feel very adventurous. The day consisted of breakfast, naps, sun, a canoe ride and mini-golf. The 18th hole was a toilet. I was the "ringer" getting my ball into the throne and thus winning myself a free game the next time we go. We had a blast and afterwards hit the grocery store for the makin's of a brat dinner. After gorging ourselves on brats, corn on the cob, salad, and beans we curled up in our blankets to watch The Goonies! Man, I forget what a great movie that is.





























The guys proved to be better all around golfers than I. As you can see Dave teeing off, Tim's taking a picture of my ball's fine resting point. But doesn't it make a great picture?

"What do you think, Tiger?"


No comments: