Monday, July 02, 2007

Rockin' Girl Bloggers

Lime and Kelly nominated me as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger". The honor of recognition from such Rockin' gals themselves made me smile this week. Now it's my turn to give a shout out to a few other Rockin' Girl Bloggers but not before I give a few kudos to these two.


Lime caught my attention first with her love of life but now I value her for her genuine love of people. This woman has a heart purer than gold and a spirit as big as the heavens. From her tie dyed "happy" socks to her beautiful wild locks, this gal is one Rockin' Chick! She has lived life and is kind enough to share it with us all while she continues on new adventures wither Mr. Lime and the Limelettes. Thanks for being a friend!

I found My Utopia through Lime and this is one blog I can judge by it's cover. One quick glance down her sidebar and you know Kelly has a true love of books. She works some long hard hours but finds escape and a solid ground in the books she reads and so openly shares with her readers. Through Kelly I found the Non-Fiction Five Challenge and am expanding my own reading library. She's had some tough times too and was there for her husband's family staying strong herself as well. We continue to swap reviews of books but I think the reason she's so Rockin' is she's a Northern with those quality Northern characters of honesty and loyalty.

Boobs, Injuries, and Dr Pepper is my comic relief. This woman is brutally honest about life and isn't afraid to share even the craziest mishaps with her readers. Her audience is quite large but it hasn't gone to her head. Her satire about work, her kids, and life down South have made me laugh until I cried on days I wanted to cry myself into oblivion. Crystal's stories aren't all peaches and cream but even the ones which tug at your heart strings will still make you laugh. She has recently found the love of her life and I'm happy for her. They have a beautiful new baby too! She Rocks!

Leesa actively contributes to my Peace of Mind on a daily basis. I left Montana for my job in Minnesota 3 and a half years ago. Through the pictures and stories of her Montana escape, Leesa keeps me sane. The mountains of Montana bring a peace all their own to any own who takes the time to listen to them. This fellow adopted Montanan has listened well. She is a rockin' independent woman in touch with her surroundings. She recently found new digs in Seattle as well so now she has the perks of her mountain retreat and the conveniences of the city with it's own culture to explore. Her cats are by her side as she begins another adventure. Thanks for bringing Montana back to me every day!

This last gal literally rocks! Robyn took an immense amount of time this past year to organize a series of benefit rock concerts to help a friend. This was all on top of so bravely and openly going through the lose of her mom. My own mom is dying of cancer and having watched this young, strong woman care so lovingly and whole heartedly for her mom through the very end has given me my own strength. This young woman is a loving wife and mother who rocks what ever she sets her mind too!

There are many, many other rockin' gals out there too! For all the ones I read and have become friends with, I'm grateful! To Lime and Kelly for the nod...thanks for making me smile!

No comments: