Monday, July 23, 2007

Sweet Home Montana



1251.7 miles in 2.5 days, 18 hours worth of the new Harry Potter on CD, 4 stops for gas, a few extra stops for potty breaks, 100 degree temps, one dead pheasant, and a pleasant conversation with a hottie South Dakota high patrolman and I’m back in MONTANA! It’s wedding week! My best friend Heather will be saying her “I do’s” this coming Saturday and I’m in town for the next 10 days.

First things first, no spilling the beans on Potter. I have three hours left to listen to. Tomorrow I’m driving over the mountains to meet a friend for lunch so I’ll have at least 1.5 hours more to listen. My boyfriend is flying in on Friday for the wedding and I have to drive up to Great Falls to get him so if I haven’t finished it by then I should be able to. It’s pretty darn good so far but I definitely wouldn’t read it to a small child. This one’s completely dark.

Saturday evening about 70 miles from my parent’s house I got pulled over by a South Dakota Highway Patrolman. He was very polite, asked me if the car I was driving was mine, gave me a verbal warning and sent me on my way. Very nice man. I rolled into Montana then Sunday evening after a night in my old bedroom. The skies are blue without a cloud to be seen and the temps just kept rising as I moved westward. A pleasant 75 degrees when I left Rochester, MN to a dry dusty 107 at lunch time yesterday. Now I’m in Helena and it’s not quite a 100 degrees out but the skies are filled with a haze of forest fire smoke from a fire north of town.

No exciting pictures yet, it was too darn hot to get out and take any a long the way yesterday. I'll see what I can catch maybe for a sunset tonight with the smoke in the air, usually gives some pretty colors. In spite of the heat though I'm grinning from ear to ear and tonight Rachel, Os, Heather, and I are going to devour a grease dripping Howard's Pizza at home with a cold Kokanee.

No comments: