Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dinner and a View

I eat when I travel. There aren't very many places where I have lived nor visited that I don't have a "favorite" place to eat at. You know...the crab at the Wharf in San Francisco, the Cuban place in Norfolk VA, City Cafe in Rochester. In Montana I always stop at Miles City's 4B's restaurant for a cup of tomato soup. In Helena, York burgers are always on the list. This trip is no exception.

Tonight Rachel, Os, Heather and I made the annual trip. This place is an old cabin moved to it's current spot. They serve burgers. That's it. Burgers. They have a few appetizers too if you want. They have a full bar, keno machines, and a pool table. Dollar bills cover the walls, you've all seen mine from my going away party four years ago in past posts.

Tonight was no exception to my usual. See the grease on the bun. It's delicious. You can see the big slab of onion hiding under the burger. This is the mushroom and swiss; yes, the whole piece of onion when on that baby. Just mayo and a touch of ketchup. Pure heaven. "MY" drink when I have a burger at York is a Caeser. Vodka, Worchestorshire sauce, Pepperchini pepper juice, fresh pepper, and homemade Clamato Juice. It's a "lighter" version of a bloody mary. I have ordered this drink in numerous states and none of them taste right. I even had some place ask me if I wanted a beer chaser to go with it. UH? I had four of them tonight and won't have another one until I come back next year.

Dinner, of course, was with a view. It finally cooled off a bit today (didn't get to 90 degrees here) but you can still see the forest fire haze in the first picture. But talk about "Big Sky". No matter where you look it's amazingly majestic.



Another beautiful Montana sunset in the books on this great trip. The only hitch in my day was a bone dry radiator on my way to Deer Lodge but two nice young gentleman having lunch at the Avon cafe helped me out with a jug of water and a half jug of coolant to get me home. Cars fine and I'm grateful for Jon and Brian today. Another example of why I miss Montana.

No comments: