Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's everywhere

A death toll has been started. At least five people died last night, supposedly that count is to go up. My problems below are small compared to those in some surrounding communities. I just reviewed my inpatient list before going to bed for the night and I have one elderly gentleman in the hospital who broke his leg while the ambulance crew was trying to get him out of his flooding house during an evacuation. So much sadness...the tears I shed last night and today were for my own misfortunes but I'll get through mine. I have friends, family, and the help that I need. What about everyone else with worse flood damage?

My friend who helped all last night came by today with another dehumidifier for the basement and we took a little drive around town. I have lots of pictures but this one says a lot...this is a creek, not a river, behind the Rec Center. It normally runs a good 15-20 feet below the bottom of the bridge. The railing...that's the 4.5 foot railing between the bike path and the shore. I've biked it often.



A bridge collapse a few weeks ago with multiple casualties, flooding this weekend with a new death toll, if God wants to continue sending the rain he needs to get someone in southeastern MN to build us an Ark.

Pray for those who need it, my problems will dry themselves out.

No comments: