Friday, August 24, 2007

So many books...

It's a Friday night and I'm house sitting. After the week I've had the house sitting has been the easy part and somewhat a source of relaxation. I'm in charge of two great dogs...Bridger and Mo in a house full of Montana art, bagels from the Bagel Company in Helena, MT, pictures of Glacier National Park, and a beautiful back yard green and full of produce. It's awesome!

So tonight I'm curled up with the dogs watching Dr G on Discovery Health and updating my book lists. I'm way behind in my journal I started to record what I've read this year, the books on my nightstand list, and my Non-Fiction Five Challenge. I'm done with my August selection, I just have to do my post. So to relax a bit and get in the mood I thought I would borrow this from my fellow book lover, Kelly.

What are you reading right now? Chocolate Legs: Sweet Mother, Savage Killer?

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that? Infidel


What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now? Oprah, Glamour, Country Woman


What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read? I’m not sure I’ve been forced to read anything, I usually will try to read anything at least once. I remember having to read Silas Marner by George Eliot as a Freshman in high school. I liked the book, I didn’t like the worksheets we had to do with it.


What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? The Alienist by Caleb Carr


Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they
? No, I rarely go to the library. I buy nearly all my books new. As I’m getting older I’m realizing the value of used books and the good ole library card. In college I only went to the library when we had group meetings for projects or to stop in and copy all the articles Father Harrington made us read for Physiology. It’s too darn quiet in a library!


Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?
Stiff…People are usually disgusted by the topic so they don’t give it a chance but it’s a great book.


Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you’re having sex? While you’re driving? I’ll read with soaking in the bath but that’s about it other than curled up in bed at night or on the couch on a rainy day. I’ve tried reading at the gym on the bike and such but that just doesn’t go well.


When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits? Yes, I devoured books. I would turn in three times as many book reports as my classmates, do the most elaborate “productions” for book reports, and I even broke into my own King Kong piggy bank to buy more books than I was allowed by mom and dad with the monthly book orders. Not only did the kids make fun of me, but my teacher tattled on me and my mom moved my piggy bank.


What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down? Double Bind by Christopher Bohjahlian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In theory I' d like to send a letter like this too - fetching antiquated and earnest effort to erect a good article... but what can I say... I pause alot and never have all the hallmarks to contract something done.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

Entertain asseverate me it worked right? I dont need to sumit it again if i do not have to! Either the blog glitced outlying or i am an idiot, the alternative option doesnt surprise me lol. thanks looking for a cyclopean blog!
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]