Monday, September 03, 2007

A restoring weekend

I didn't take any pictures but there would not have been anything exciting to show. I took this weekend to vegg. I want to thank the Smedsrud family for a great party in the barn and the Huber clan for boarding me for a night and allowing me to just hang out.

Thursday night I met my sister in Minneapolis to accompany her to the Vikings/Cowboys NFL pre-season game. I could have cared less who won since my Broncos weren't on the field but it was a blast watching my sister as the Vikings defeated her beloved Cowboys. I stayed at her hotel with her for the night before driving back on Friday morning for a dentist appointment and a short day at work. My sister than joined me at my house and attended the opening high school football game for the team I cover locally. The boyfriend joined us for drinks and dinner afterwards.

Saturday morning my sister and I did a bit of shopping before heading out on I-90 to I-29 to reach Volga for a wedding reception in the Smedsrud barn. It was great to sit outside, visit, catch-up, reminisce, and graze. This family has been coming to my mom and dad's ranch for 31 years to hunt. We stayed up till 2 am visiting in the kitchen after all the guests left.

Sunday morning we said our good-byes while my sister headed northwest to home and I went south to visit my best friend's family since they were all home. We ate, watched movies, visited, held the new baby, talked about the baby to be. I slept in the "dungeon" basement bedroom last night nice and cool and dark.

I made it back to Rochester around 8:15 tonight, I'm unpacked already, and I have my feet up to end a quiet relaxing weekend. I'll have pictures of the new "family" addition tomorrow. It did a nice job on this weekend's road trip so I'm happy with my new wheels.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: