Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Introducing...Logan and Montana




























You have read the saga of the flooded southeastern portion on Minnesota and know while I was not the most stricken of those hit I was affected. My 1998 Saturn SL2 four-door, affectionately called "Patch" has gone to his final resting place. That car and I made some great solo road trips together across this country. I've covered from Rochester, MN to Phoenix, AZ via South Dakota and Montana along the way. I actually shed a tear when i went to get all my things out of it.


In fond tribute to the last road trip "Patch" and I made I have named this 2005 Mercury Mariner Logan. Even with a moaning radiator Patch was able to get Rachel and I to the top of the world at Logan Pass, Glacier National Park, Montana, USA. My shiny new friend and I made our first solo trip this weekend. It was short but we enjoyed the ride. The best road trip upgrade...a 6 disc CD changer; books on CD are SO much easier when you don't have to fumble every "end of disc" to switch it out!

So meet...Logan!

There has been a bit of a secret for the last several weeks as well. When I was returning from my Montana trip I was able to spend some time on the farm with the kittens. I had been thinking of a new pet the last several months, even considering a dog. The more I considered my life style (i.e. taking two week road trips to the West) and such I knew a dog wasn't in the stars right now. But, those farm kitties were awful darn cute.

The farm kittens were too little to be taken away from their mommy. I left them after a few days of oohhing and aahhing. Upon returning home though I began perusing the Paws and Claws web site. I came upon this picture of a very skinny bug eyed black kitten and scrolled down to see his name...Montana. He was abandoned at a local fair and was taken into foster care to get a bit bigger. I met him just before the big flood and it was destiny; the little guy snuggled into my neck and then put his little paw on my mouth and stared at me with those bug eyes. He came home with me today.

Ladies and gentleman...Meet Montana!


No comments: