Saturday, October 20, 2007

Late but done...September Non-fiction 5 Challenge


I finished Infidel in time but took off to my mom's bedside before I could right a review. So forgive my tardiness but I completely the challenge and actually read more than the 5 non-fiction requirements. Guess I do like non-fiction.

Infidel is an eye-opening piece or work to say the least. Hirsi Ali is controversial to say the least among her Muslim community but this book focuses more on her life and the culture she grew up in then on her political views. The idea that children, woman, and the weak were treated in such horrific conditions and continue to be treated that way in parts of the world we in the US can't even imagine is mind boggling.

This woman had character and goals. She worked hard in the eyes of adversity and has achieved much but has much yet to achieve. For that, I respect her. Definitely a book to take a look at.

No comments: